Monday 20 May 2013

Week Special: Chibi Characters + Tutorial


Chibi is a Japanese slang word for ‘Small Person’ or ‘Small Child’, it’s a very popular character type, mostly used for comical effects and moments of adorable childishness.
The first thing that anyone is probably ever going to draw properly is a small cute, adorable chibi.




Chibis are mostly drawn with oversized heads and huge eyes with a rather small body, now a days it’s rare to see an entire anime or manga series done in this style.


And example where Chibi’s are used is Baka and Test, an anime series that depicts high school students fighting each other with cute adorable chibi versions of themselves or in this case are called avatars, the avatars in the show are used for fighting or are just for comic relief, this show used chibi characters very well and still managed to keep anyone entertained.
I should know, I have a weird sense of humour and sometimes doesn’t know if something is funny unless someone else laughs


However despite that chibi comics are on the rise of popularity because of their cute adorable faces and comidec value as well as being a lot easier to draw than their full bodied, detailed counterparts, their mostly used to make fun or offering a more fun, colourful view on the current events that are happening around the world.

So in today’s special in the No Talent Café I am going to give you a quick tutorial on Chibis.
The only things that you will need for this tutorial is a sketchpad and pencil, pen if your looking to do some lineart.

A thing to note in this tutorial is that I’m going to show you the usual way of how I draw chibi characters, I like to combine western and eastern styles

So Enjoy, any questions or anything else that you want me to cover then don't be afraid to send me a note.

Also sorry for the long wait on this, I'm just after completing my coursework and relaxing now, it's been months since I've felt so relaxed.


Thank you for your patronage and please come again to the No Talent Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment